Viral pandemic? Everyone calm down and read this:
When something is immunomodulating it means that if your immune system is low it brings it up and where it is too high it brings you down. Immunocompromised people need this badly. Autoimmune sufferers need it badly–and technically, anyone looking to fight off viruses, cancer and other disease-causing critters needs this badly. Heck, who doesn’t need this badly?
Want to know what is the best immunomodulating herb on the books? Astragalus is an a non-toxic, adaptogenic herb and plant extract that has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicinal for over 4,000 years. Astragalus is best known for its ability to aid adrenal function but it also helps building immunity, digestion, metabolism, combating fatigue, and increasing stamina. Astragalus is known to be very effective for helping people with AIDS and can actually increase the efficacy of chemotherapy in conventional cancer treatments.
The primary actions of astragalus are adaptogenic (brings you up where you are too low and down where you are too high) as I mentioned at the start for modulating the immune system. The secondary actions of astragalus are anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, cardiotonic, diuretic and hepatoprotective.
Meet the legend!
* General malaise: Astragalus is used by herbalists, nutritionists and naturopaths to treat chronic colds, Epstein Barr Virus, HIV and candida by kicking butt and then preventing infection recurrence.
* Coronavirus and flu: As a virus battle ninja, studies show that astragalus increases phagocytosis (the engulfing of microorganism invaders by the immune system), increases production of immunoglobulins and macrophages and modulates the pituitary-adrenal cortical activity.
* Hepatitis and cirrhosis: In the liver, astragalus is a mild choleretic and also increases repair in chronic viral hepatitis while reducing inflammation and other symptoms.
* Longevity: NOW HEAR THIS! Want to live a long and healthy life? Astragalus also lengthens telomeres for long life.
* Angina and heart failure: In the cardiovascular system, the saponins in astragalus inhibit lipid peroxidation in the myocardium and one study using patients with angina revealed that cardiac output increased after just 2 weeks of treatment! Astragalus strengthens left ventricular function and reduces free radical damage in patients after a heart attack and increases super oxide dismutase activity in cardiac muscle.
* Unsung cancer fighter: Astragalus increases T-cell counts along with the cytotoxicity of NK cells and T-cells–all-the-while switching on the anti-tumor activity of Interleukin-2.
* Chemo aid: Astragalus reduces the negative consequences of both chemo and radiation of fatigue, weight loss, anemia, nausea and loss of strength while increasing WBC production against leucopenia (a common side effect of immunosuppressive therapy).
During flu (and now coronavirus) season, the “antiviral” neuraminidase inhibitors like Tamiflu and Relenza used to treat symptoms only encourages the viruses to proliferate and can lead to enhanced spread of the next resistant strain. So much for Big Pharma wisdom… The BMJ blew the whistle on the Big Pharma giant Roche where it deliberately hid clinical trial data about the efficacy of Tamiflu, alleging that Roche concealed neurological and psychiatric adverse events associated with Tamiflu to help promote global stockpiling sales of the drug.
If you are concerned about getting the flu or coronavirus then act now by taking astragalus and l-lysine to get your body ready to fight them naturally.
I personally recommend 2 @ 500mg capsules with lunch every day. More if you are immunocompromised or have cancer.
Oh yeah, and don’t forget that a healthy diet is a requirement for the healthy immune system that vaccines can never supply.